The mission of the Training Center is to provide the highest level of ethical, modern and practical training to current and future Public Safety Professionals and to prepare them for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- How to Sign Up
- Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT)
- Financial Assistance
- Transcript Request
- Selection Center / EOT
- Florida Law Enforcement Academy (FLE)
- Correctional Officer (COR)
- Crossover from Correctional Officer to Law Enforcement Officer
- Crossover from Law Enforcement Officer to Correctional Officer
- Advanced & Specialized Classes
- Private Security Officer Courses
- Retired LEO Courses HR-218
- Community Education - Firearms Classes
Crossover from Law Enforcement Officer to Correctional Officer
Public Safety Training Center Academy
August 2021 LEAD-TIME Schedule
*Attendance dates and items, course start and end dates are subject to change without notice. Dependent on enrollment, courses may be cancelled.
The purpose of this program is to train students who want a dual certification in law enforcement and corrections. To take the following courses, students must provide evidence they have completed a Law Enforcement Officer Basic Recruit Training program and passed the State Officer Certification Examination. Upon satisfactory completion of the courses listed, students will be eligible to take the State Officer Certification Examination for Correctional Officers. Successful scores on both state exams enable the student to receive dual certification as a correctional officer and as a law enforcement officer. This course is the Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission approved Law Enforcement Officer Crossover Training to Florida CMS Correctional Officer Basic Recruit Training program.