The mission of the Training Center is to provide the highest level of ethical, modern and practical training to current and future Public Safety Professionals and to prepare them for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- How to Sign Up
- Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT)
- Financial Assistance
- Transcript Request
- Selection Center / EOT
- Florida Law Enforcement Academy (FLE)
- Correctional Officer (COR)
- Crossover from Correctional Officer to Law Enforcement Officer
- Crossover from Law Enforcement Officer to Correctional Officer
- Advanced & Specialized Classes
- Private Security Officer Courses
- Retired LEO Courses HR-218
- Community Education - Firearms Classes
Crossover from Correctional Officer to Law Enforcement Officer
Public Safety Training Center Academy
January 2021 LEAD-TIME Schedule
*Attendance dates and items, course start and end dates are subject to change without notice. Dependent upon enrollment, courses may be cancelled.
The Correctional Officer Crossover to Law Enforcement Basic Recruit Training is designed to prepare students who are currently certified in the Corrections discipline to laterally move to the Law Enforcement discipline. Practical skills and simulated activities complement the classroom instruction. This minimum standards program is regulated by Florida statutes and is a highly structured and disciplined program. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Program, a student is eligible to take the Florida Department of Law Enforcement State Officer Certification exam for Law Enforcement. Upon achieving a passing score on the exam, the student, if not already hired, will be eligible to seek employment with a state of Florida Law Enforcement agency.