Our goal and mission for the Withlacoochee Technical College Massage Therapy Program is to provide the highest standard of education in the field of Massage Therapy. We believe that the student will have the knowledge and skills needed to pass the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam, in order to gain licensure in the State of Florida. We believe that the student will have the highest level of knowledge and skills needed to assure high quality occupational placement. The skills that the student acquires in our Massage Therapy Program will be the foundation and building blocks to their career.
Students will learn anatomy and physiology, massage theory and clinical practicum, statutes, rules, history of massage, theory and practice of hydrotherapy, allied modalities, business of massage, and AIDS/HIV education.
Massage Therapy Program Information Session dates (all prospective students MUST ATTEND one Information Session in order to enroll in the program):
All information sessions are held in Room 301 at WTC:
- Monday, January 7, 2019 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Monday, February 4, 2019 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Monday, March 4, 2019 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Monday, April 1, 2019 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Monday, May 6, 2019 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Future Orientation Sessions are TBA Mandatory Orientation
This mandatory orientation is for students who are already registered for the class and have made the required deposits to attend the program.
Sites you can visit for more information about this interesting and rewarding career:
- American Massage Therapy Association
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- US Department of Labor/Occupational Outlook Handbook - Massage Therapy
- Resources & Opportunities in the Massage Therapy Profession
The State of Florida requires students to meet a basic skills requirement prior to program completion. The basic skills grade levels for this program are: Mathematics 9.0, Language 10.0, Reading 10.0.
Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 750 hours.
- Massage Therapy 1
- Massage Therapy 2
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Attain a grade of "C" or better (2.0 GPA) for the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation
Choose your Career Pathway
Contact the College About This Program
firstname.lastname@example.org - 726-2430 Ext. 4301
Licensure / Certification
Licensed Massage Therapist, Florida Department of Health