Open Enrollment in GED® and ESOL Programs – Sign Up Now!
Financial Aid may be available for qualified students.
Please contact our Financial Aid Office at 352-726-2430 Ext 4316
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday
7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closed Monday July 4th
You may apply online for the Pell Grant at www.studentaid.gov.
School code: 016258
NOTE: Finalized FASFA application and supporting documentation must be received by the WTC Financial Aid Office prior to the May 15th deadline to be eligible for approval and award
Federal regulations require that all higher education institutions establish and implement a policy to measure whether students receiving financial aid are making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) toward the completion of a program. This is to make sure that students who receive financial aid are using this money wisely. It is meant to curtail the use of financial aid by students who fail to successfully complete their course work. Failure to meet SAP makes a student ineligible for all institutional, federal, and state financial aid. WTC’s SAP can be found in the current Student Handbook.
In accordance with the Sec. 111 of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) and using both student-entered and institution-provided data, the Net Price Calculator allows prospective students to calculate an estimated net price at an institution using the following basic formula: Price of attendance minus grant aid. Based on the information entered by the student, an average net price of attendance for the current school year is generated.
The estimates generated by the template do not represent a final determination, or actual award, of financial assistance or a final net price; they are only estimates based on price of attendance and financial aid provided to students in a given year. The estimates shall not be binding on the Secretary of Education, the institution of higher education, or the State.
YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW…
Federal regulations require that institutions that receive Title IV funding provide specific consumer information to prospective and currently enrolled students. Consumer and safety information is available online.. If you are unable to access the information online, you may contact the school office for a paper copy of the information.
- Net Price Calculator
- Voter Registration Information
- Financial Report for Educational Funding Accountability Act
- Accountability Reports Information
- On-Time Completion Rates
- School Improvement Plan
Clery Act Information (Safety & Security):
- Campus Security Report
- Zero Tolerance Policy
- Plagiarism Policy
- Safety and Security
- Effects of Drugs
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Veterans Education Benefits:
WTC Welcomes Our Veterans
Many programs are approved for VA. Eligible veterans may be certified for VA benefits through the Financial Aid Office.
Veterans should check with the VA Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office (352-726-2430 ext. 4332) to apply for or re-activate their VA educational entitlements. All required application forms are available in the Financial Aid Office.
Veterans’ Tuition and Fees
State Board of Education Rule 6A-14.0305: Out of State Fee Waiver for Veterans and Other Eligible Students
WTC shall waive out-of-state fees for:
- Honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed and Reserve Forces and the National Guard or any other student who is entitled to and uses educational assistance provided by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs who physically resides in Florida while enrolled as a certificate seeking student. Tuition and fees charged to a student who qualifies for the out-of-state fee waiver under this subsection may not exceed the tuition and fess charged a resident student enrolled in the same program.
- Active duty members of the Armed Forces of the United States residing or stationed outside of Florida who are enrolled as a certificate seeking student. Tuition and fees charged to a student who qualifies for the out-of-state fee waiver under this subsection may not exceed the tuition and fees charged a resident student enrolled in the same program.
The National Association of Veterans’ Programs Administrator (NAVPA) has gathered information to help you apply for benefits.