Open Enrollment in GED® and ESOL Programs – Sign Up Now!
The mission of the Cosmetology Program is to provide the highest quality instruction which will prepare students for current and emerging careers in a competitive workplace.
Instruction includes: giving shampoos, rinses, scalp treatments, hair styling, cutting, coloring, foiling, highlights, lightening, permanent waves, chemical relaxers, facials, manicures/pedicures, safety, bacteriology, hygiene, sanitation, customer relations, salon management, record keeping, Florida Cosmetology law, and employability skills. Time required for completion of the preparatory program is determined by state licensing regulations.
Mandatory Orientation Session for New Students
Cosmetology orientation for the January 2021 class - TBA. No make-up day. Any student under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Hours of Operation:
The Salon will re-open Tuesday, August 18th.
All customers must wear a mask at all times while in the Cosmetology building.
We are open Tuesday – Friday from 8:00 am to 11:30 am. Chemical services end at 9:30 am.
We are now taking appointments and as always welcome walk-ins!
Call the Salon at (352) 726-2430 ext. 4343 to schedule your appointment.
Follow us on Facebook at WTC Grooming and Salon Services for up to the minute information!
The Salon accepts MasterCard and Visa as well as cash for payment for services. Sorry, we do not accept checks.
Please note the Salon will be CLOSED on the following dates:
- Friday, September 4th
- Friday, October 2nd
- Wednesday, November 11th
- November 23rd – November 27th (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 18th – January 11th (Christmas Break)
- Friday, February 5th
- Friday, March 5th
- March 26th – April 5th (Spring Break)
- Friday, April 9th
- April 22nd and April 23rd
- Friday, May 7th
- Friday, May 28th
Click on the program cost button to view the list of items needed for this program.
Florida requires students to meet a basic skills requirement prior to program completion. The basic skills grade levels for this program are: Mathematics 8.0, Language 8.0, Reading 9.0. Completion time depends on the progress of the individual. The typical length of this program for the average achieving student is 1200 hours.
- Grooming and Salon Services Care, Facials, and Nails
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 1
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 2
- Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 3
A student must meet ALL the following conditions to earn a Certificate of Program Completion from WTC:
- Attain a grade of "C" or better (2.0 GPA) for the program
- Complete the required curriculum
- Attend 1,200 hours of instruction – to be eligible to sit for the Florida Board of Cosmetology licensing exam, the student must successfully complete 1,200 hours of instruction and the designated number of services
- Settle all school debt including returning textbooks for high school students
- Meet Florida Basic Skills requirements for the program.
- Receive the instructor's recommendation
Choose your Career Pathway
Contact the College About This Program
email@example.com - 726-2430 Ext. 4301
State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulation