Success is Just Clicks Away™
With the GED® test on computer, success is just clicks away™. WTC now offers the GED® test on computer, a brand new way to take today’s test and earn your GED® credential. The cost for the computer-based GED® test is $32 per sub-test (or $128 for the full battery). Payment must be made by credit or debit card at the time of registration for the computer-based GED® test. Register today at www.ged.com.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age or have previous permission in order to take the GED® exam.
- Testing requires 7 hours total. The time allocation for each part is:
Language - 150 min., Math - 115 min.
Science - 90 min., Social Studies - 90 min.
- Requests for special accommodations need to be made at least 6 weeks in advance and documentation of need for accommodations will be required. Please contact Student Services at 726-2430 x 4326 for these accommodations.
GED® Testing Service® (GEDTS®) now recommends a high school equivalency score of 145 for each of the four content areas for the issuance of a diploma; the previous recommendation was a score of 150 on each area.
- On February 18, 2016, the State Board of Education approved the changes recommended by GEDTS®; the rule becomes effective in late March. Until the effective date of the rule, the passing scores required for the State of Florida High School Diploma continue to be 150 on each of the four content areas. After the rule becomes effective, those who have earned a minimum of 145 on each of the four subject area tests since January 2, 2014, will be granted a State of Florida High School Diploma.
- Individuals who have not qualified for a diploma but have taken a subject test and achieved a score between 145 and 149 since January 2, 2014, will have their records updated to reflect a passing score on the subject test.
2014 GED® Test FAQs:
Must be 18 years or older. Practice test available on Florida DOE site. Call the Student Services Department for more information at 352-726-2430 Ext 4326.
GED® Test Tutorials on Computer:
Are you ready to take the GED® test? The following tutorials are designed to walk you through the registration and scheduling process for the GED® test. Then you can view a tutorial that gives you an inside look at the GED® test. Use the tutorials to help break down each step and successfully sign up and prepare for your test.
Request GED® Test Transcripts:
All GED® Test transcript requests regardless of when the test was taken must be placed online
For diplomas earned on or after January 1, 2014:Duplicate credential requests can be made by logging in to your myGEDTM account. Use the login at the top right of the page. Select the My Scores tab and click the Order Duplicates button on the Scores page.
For diplomas earned prior to January 1, 2014:Effective February 1, 2014, you can request your credentials from GED® Credentialing.
For requesting credentials on behalf of a GED® test taker