Applied Academics for Adult Education
Students are enrolled in this course through the Student Services Department as preparation for successful completion of one of our Career and Technical programs. The purpose of the Applied Academics for Adult Education Program is to strengthen the student’s academic, technical and employability skill sets. This program strives to inspire and motivate students to become productive, self-sufficient members of the workforce. The Program is based upon the assessed needs of the individual and the academic and employability requirements related to Florida’s Comprehensive Career and Adult Education programs.
- You must be 18 years or older. Anyone under 18 must contact Student Services for more information before entering class.
- You must take a TABE Test (Test of Adult Basic Education) or have a current TABE score (within the last year). TABE Testing Schedule and practice.
The registration process for Applied Academics consists of:
If you have ever been enrolled in the Citrus County School District, please contact WTC at (352) 726-2430 ext. 4326 before completing the online application. You will be provided with a user name and password to complete the application as a returning student.
If you are new to the Citrus County School District, please proceed as a new student applicant to register as follows:
- Access the application form and pay the $30.00 application fee.
- TABE Test Schedule
- Meet with a Certified School Counselor or Career Advisor for enrollment
The tuition for Adult Education classes is $30.00 per session for students. There are two sessions per year; August-December and January-May. Please contact the Student Services Office for more details.
Please be advised that any student wishing to re-enroll due to withdrawal because of non-compliance with school attendance policy during an academic session must pay a $10.00 fee in advance of re-admittance to the class.
Re-enrollment is limited to once per nine week period.
WTC Applied Academics
Sheryl Pineau, email@example.com (352) 726-2430 ext. 4358
|WTC Applied Academics||Start||End||Hours||Days||Room|
|AAAE: Reading, Language, and Math Support||8/9/2018||5/29/2019||3:00 pm – 6:00 pm||T-Th||208|
|AAAE Online: Reading, Language, and Math Support||8/9/2018||5/30/2019||Contact Student Services||Varies||208|
- Career Assessment and/or Referral
- Academic Skills Instruction
- Reading (Interpret Graph, Words in context, Recall info, Construct meaning, Evaluate meaning, Vocabulary, Word knowledge, Reading Comprehension)
- Language (Capitalization, Punctuation, Grammar, Sentence Form, Paragraph Development, Writing Convention, Punctuation, Capitalization, Grammar/usage)
- Mathematics (Multiplication, Division, Decimals, Fractions, Integers, Percents, Geometry/Measurement, Number concepts, Word problems, Estimation, Etc.)
- Study and Reference Skills
- Other Skills Instruction (as needed)
- Social Studies
- Advanced Mathematics
- Complementary Skills
- Computer Literacy